Cascadian HER2CLIMB Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
Last Revised: 5 December 2017
2. Use of Your Personal Data. We send the Personal Data you submit to us to the local study representative at your chosen study site at your request. Personal Data is stored on a secure server and is transmitted to the local study representative at your chose study site using Secure Socket Layer technology.
3. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, postal/zip code, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you, such as your diagnosis and treatment history, that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
- (a) Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, postal/zip code, phone number, and information about your diagnosis and treatment history that you provide to us on the “Contact A Site” webpage in order to initiate contact with a local study representative at your chosen study site.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- (b) Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs or Web beacons). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in web pages.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that might enable Users to opt out of tracking on our site.
- (c) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may collect Anonymous Data about you from third party ad companies. We may place ads for the Site on third-party websites that serve ads to their users (“Ad Service”). We may receive Anonymous Data about you from an Ad Service if you enter the Site by clicking on ad displayed by the Ad Service. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site and use it for marketing and to improve the Services we provide.
- (a) Study Representative Designated by You. When you submit your Personal Data to the “Contact A Site” webpage, your Personal Data will be submitted directly to the local study representative at your chosen study site. The local study representative will use your Personal Data to communicate with you about the HER2CLIMB study.
- (b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers who store your Personal Data on our behalf and transmit your Personal Data to the local representative at your chosen study site.
5. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Site:
- (a) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Site for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Site.
- (b) Personal Data Submitted Through the “Contact A Site” webpage. The “Contact A Site” webpage requests information about your first and last name, postal/zip code, phone number, and information about your diagnosis and treatment history, but you do not have to provide all of the requested information. You are only required to provide your first name and email address or phone number to facilitate communication with a local study representative.
In addition, if you are an EU user of the Site, the data controller of your Personal Data is Cascadian Therapeutics, Inc., a Delaware corporation, with a place of business at 2601 Fourth Avenue, Suite 500, Seattle, Washington 98121, U.S.
7. Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may not change or delete your Personal Data once you submit it to the Site through the “Contact a Site” webpage. Once you submit your Personal Data to the “Contact a Site” webpage, it is sent directly to the local study representative at your chosen study site. We cannot make corrections to or delete Personal Data transmitted to a study site.
For EU users, we will retain your Personal Data for the retention period required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes). You may request to review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify any of your Personal Data that you have previously provided to us, or object to the use or processing of such Personal Data by us. You may contact us regarding your Personal Data stored on our server using the contact information provided in Section 10, below. To review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise modify your Personal Data that has been transmitted to your chosen study site, contact the local study representative at your chosen study site using the email address listed on the Site.
9. Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Cascadian Therapeutics, Inc.
Attn: HER2CLIMB.com Webmaster
2601 Fourth Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, Washington 98199
11. Cookies Policy.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies”. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Site, and can be used by such service providers to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
|Type of cookie||Purpose|
|Essential Cookies||These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.|
|Functionality Cookies||These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Site.|
|Analytics and Performance Cookies||These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.
We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here:
You can find out more about how Google protects your data here:
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link:
|Social Media Cookies||These cookies are used when you engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.|
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.